H.E. Neumann Company is a certified Fire Life Safety Contractor through the ICB/TABB. Our experts in this field specialize in this service to provide your AHJ (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) with the proof that your facility is being maintained by a leader in the industry.
Fire Damper Inspections & Smoke Damper Inspections
H.E. Neumann Company can provide fire and smoke damper inspections per code requirements and assist you in keeping your building/facility in compliance with local and state building codes.
- Inspection of fire dampers, smoke dampers and combination fire/smoke dampers 1 year after installation for all facilities, every 4 years thereafter in non-healthcare facilities, and every 6 years in hospitals.
- Locate and operate all fire dampers and smoke dampers in your facility, removing and resetting the fusible link to verify the damper fully closes.
- Provide a master report via your own exclusive web-based link, listing location of damper, damper number, whether the damper passed or failed, and detailed reason for failure.
- “Before” and “After” pictures of every damper.
The City of Pittsburgh passed legislation on 8/3/2016 requiring all buildings/facilities within the city limits to test/inspect all fire and smoke dampers. Buildings/facilities that fall under this legislation must comply with the ordinance. All inspection must be completed by a certified Fire Life Safety Contractor.
Click here to view: City of Pittsburgh Code of Ordinance
Fire Damper & Smoke Damper Repair and Installation
H.E. Neumann Company can provide fire and smoke damper repair and installation per NFPA code requirements
- Adjustment to damper linkage.
- Adjustments to internal components to allow closure.
- Adjustments and repairs to damper tracks that are binding and prohibiting closure.
- Repairing broken tabs on damper.
- Smoke damper and combination fire/smoke damper actuator replacement.
- Fire damper installation.
- Smoke damper installation.
- Combination fire/smoke damper installation.
- Access door installation, both sheet metal and hard ceiling access.